Head of Marketing
The Monroe Free Library seeks a Head of Marketing that will report directly to the Executive Director. This person will devise and implement strategies to maximize the community’s positive awareness of the library.
- Prepares, edits, and places news releases and other written publicity for newspapers, radio and television.
- Administers library’s social media platforms.
- Designs and prints flyers, brochures, internal library signage, annual reports and other publication and promotional materials.
- Designs and implements bimonthly mass emails to patrons.
- Assists in delivering the strategy and execution for reaching new audiences/engagement within the community.
- Regularly collaborates with IT to update the library’s website.
- Plans and implements publicity and promotions for library programs and services.
- Directs, records, edits and uploads videos that promote library activities and materials.
- Designs edits and produces promotional print material.
- Confers with staff and administration regarding ongoing activities, programming, etc. to be promoted.
- Designs and implements surveys and other materials to monitor community interests, opinions and needs.
- Develops on-going relationships with local media to insure fair library coverage.
- Attends meetings, seminars, and continuing education programs to keep informed and current about trends and issues in public libraries.
- Member of appropriate committees.
- Chairs the Marketing Committee
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses time management skills.
- Has thorough knowledge of the software programs the library currently uses for graphic, video, word processing and publishing projects. (Canva, InDesign, Camtasia etc.)
- Experience managing a social media platform
- Ability to analyze library needs and participation in long- and short-term library planning.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with community groups and media.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful work situations.
- Deals with public and staff in a courteous, business-like manner.
- Possesses well developed interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work with a variety of individuals in different roles and in a variety of situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Desired: Four-year degree in graphic arts, public relations and/or related field and 2-3 years of related experience.
Required: Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
$50,000 annually for a 70-hour bi-weekly pay period. Benefits options include medical, dental, vision, disability insurance and 401K.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com