RESTORING SERVICE SAFELY
We hope that you're taking advantage of our digital library.
We still don't know when we'll be able to re-open, but we wanted to share what we're doing to navigate this uncertain time.
Restoring library services without impacting public health will require a deliberate and measured plan. To that end, we've put together a safety team responsible for analyzing library operations and determining how they will need to be modified during the pandemic. Here are some changes you might see when we re-open:
- Inter-library loans will be unavailable for at least 30 days.
- Fines will be suspended for an indeterminate amount of time--both to accomodate those who choose to continue quarantine and to cease the exchange of money at the Circulation Desk.
- Staff will be wearing cloth masks and following new decontamination routines on shared surfaces.
- We may set aside certain operating hours and only allow admittance to at-risk populations during those hours.
- We may limit the total amount of patrons allowed in the library at one time.
Please note that these are all subject to change--our safety team will be monitoring the latest science and following the protocols recommended by experts. We'll keep you posted with the latest news through this page and our Facebook page.
MONROE FREE LIBRARY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
In the interest of public health, Monroe Free Library will be closed until further notice.
If you have library materials, please keep them. We are suspending fines as of March 14th.
The book drop will be closed as of Monday, March 16th.
Please do not leave donations or any other materials outside the library.
If you currently have books on reserve, please go online and suspend them until further notice. You will not be able to place any NEW holds during this time.
All programs are suspended. Online registration will not be available during this time.
If you have questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you quickly.
For updates, please continue to check this page and our Facebook page.
You can also access our digital collection from home. Click the Ebooks button at the top of this page.
We look forward to serving you again soon.