Social Media Policy
The purpose of the Social Media Policy is to provide an effective and timely method of promoting library services, resources and events to the public.
Definition of Social Media
Social Media is defined as any web application, site or account created and maintained by the Monroe Free Library. These include but are not limited to, Facebook, web site and enewsletters.
Monroe Free Library welcomes comments, posts and messages from the community, however, comments, posts and messages will be periodically reviewed for content. Content containing any of the following will be removed immediately from the Monroe Free Library Forum:
- Obscene, sexist, racist, or otherwise hateful speech
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Private or personal information, including phone numbers and addresses, or requests for personal information
- Potentially libelous statements
- Falsification of identity
- Plagarized material
- Solicitation of funds
- Copyrighted or trademarked material
- Photos, videos or other images that fall into any of the above categories