User Behavior Policy.
In order to maintain a safe and healthy environment in which library users as well as staff can engage in appropriate use of the library structure and materials, the following restrictions will be adhered to.
Patrons shall not:
- Smoke or use tobacco or tobacco products.
- Bring in or consume food or beverages, unless otherwise authorized.
- Enter the library without shirt or shoes.
- Use loud or offensive or abusive language (Disorderly Conduct).
- Engage in or allow prolonged crying or tantrums.
- Engage in lewd or indecent behavior or noisy/boisterous activities that disturb others.
- Create an offensive condition by virtue of poor personal hygiene.
- Possess firearms or other weapons or explosives.
- Play audio equipment so that others can hear it.
- Bring pets or animals into the library (excepting service animals).
- Use rollerblades, rollerskates, skateboards, or other sports equipment in the library or on library property.
- Enter unauthorized work spaces or office areas.
- Engage in aggressive or threatening behavior (Disorderly Conduct).
- Use, possess, or distribute alcohol, narcotics or any other non-prescription drug (Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance).
- Hold unauthorized or unscheduled group meetings or conversations.
- Participate in any game which produces noise or conversation.
- Run, fight, roughhouse, or display other disruptive behavior.
- Leave children eight (8) years and under unattended.
- Tamper with, alter, or damage computer hardware and/or software (Computer Related Offenses).
- Sleep or loiter.
- Engage in any illegal activity.
- Sit, or place feet, on tables.
- Block or interfere with the free movement of individuals.
- Solicit, sell, or distribute leaflets not specifically approved by Library Management.
- Use library telephones intended for library personnel.
- Destroy, damage, or steal library books, materials, furniture, or other property (Criminal Mischief).
- Sing or talk loudly to others or in monologues, unless otherwise authorized.
- Stare at another person/s or follow another person/s with the intent to annoy that person/s.
Furthermore: The Library reserves the right to examine all packages, briefcases and any other container before patrons exit the building. The Library accepts no liability for damage or loss to any patron's personal property. All Library users shall obey the reasonable requests of Library staff.
Note:Failure to comply with any of the above may result in immediate suspension of Library privileges including access. Persons who persist in disapproved conduct or who refuse to leave the public library grounds or building when requested to do so will be held for violation of the adopted policies of the Library Board and subject to arrest and prosecution. A patron whose privileges have been denied may have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees.